How To Upload Your Ancestry.com DNA Data To FitnessGenes
March 6, 2018
Are you an Ancestry.com customer looking for additional health and fitness insights? Then we have some excellent news for you. Due to the fact that Ancestry.com and FitnessGenes process samples using the same genome sequencing panel (Illumina® Global Screening Array), Ancestry.com customers can upload their existing DNA data to FitnessGenes for instant access to all reports and recommendations, and for a fraction of the cost of a full DNA analysis test.
Here is our step-by-step guide to exporting your DNA data file from Ancestry.com and uploading it to your FitnessGenes member account:
Downloading your DNA data from Ancestry.com
1. In DNA Settings, under Your DNA tests, select the name of the test you'd like to download
2. Scroll down to the Download or Delete section and select Download DNA data.
3. Select the box to confirm that you understand, and click Continue.
4. Verify your account by choosing 1 of 2 methods:
- Click Enter current password. Enter your password into the field and click Continue.
- Click Send code via email > Send code. Retrieve the code from your email inbox and enter it into the Enter Code field. Click Continue.
5. In the email, select Download DNA Data. Please note: The downloaded file will not be in the email. The email can take up to 24 hours to arrive. If you make a second or third request to download, only your most recent email message from Ancestry (associated with your most recent download request) will have a valid link. A download link can be used just once. It will expire after a week. If your link has expired, start over at step 1.
6. Click Download DNA Data.
Uploading your DNA data file to FitnessGenes
1. Login to your FitnessGenes account at https://my.fitnessgenes.com
2. Select ‘Upload Data’ from the top menu
3. Enter the 12-digit voucher code that you received when purchasing your DNA upload from https://www.fitnessgenes.com/products.
4. Select ‘Ancestry’ from the dropdown list of providers
5. Use the ‘Browse’ button to locate and upload your DNA data file
6. Once the file has completed uploading, you will have full access to all 140+ genetic reports, each delivered with personalised insights and actions.
If you require any additional support in uploading your Ancestry.com data to FitnessGenes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help.