How To Upload Your Family Tree DNA Data To FitnessGenes
October 2, 2018
Are you a Family Tree DNA customer looking for additional health and fitness insights? Then we have some excellent news for you. Due to the fact that Family Tree DNA and FitnessGenes process samples using the same genome sequencing panel (Illumina® Global Screening Array), Family Tree DNA customers can upload their existing DNA data to FitnessGenes for instant access to all reports and recommendations, and for a fraction of the cost of a full DNA analysis test.
Here is our step-by-step guide to exporting your DNA data file from Family Tree DNA and uploading it to your FitnessGenes member account:
Downloading your DNA data file from Family Tree DNA
1. Log in to your Family Tree DNA account using your Kit No. or GAP Username and password.
2. On the navigation bar at the top of the page, go to: Results & Tools > Autosomal DNA > Download Raw Data
3. Your browser will start to download your raw data file to your computer.
Uploading your DNA data file to FitnessGenes
1. Login to your FitnessGenes account at https://my.fitnessgenes.com
2. Select ‘Upload Data’ from the top menu
3. Enter the 12-digit voucher code that you received when purchasing your DNA upload from https://www.fitnessgenes.com/products.
4. Select ‘Family Tree DNA’ from the dropdown list of providers
5. Use the ‘Browse’ button to locate and upload your DNA data file
6. Once the file has completed uploading, you will have full access to all 140+ genetic reports, each delivered with personalised insights and actions.
If you require any additional support in uploading your Family Tree DNA data to FitnessGenes, please contact email@example.com and our team will be happy to help.